Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Then and now

I've known for a while that I've been very fortunate with my weight loss over the past year, but it wasn't until this past week that I actually realized just how much weight I had lost.

A week ago yesterday I had an appointment with my new doctor and got my first "official" weight in a very long time. From that number I realized that I've lost nearly 50 pounds since a year ago at this time. And while that's a nice, big number, it wasn't until last Friday that I actually seen it with my own two eyes.

Last Friday we had our first 70+ degree day of the year. The weather was gorgeous, and I had an appointment to go to, so I decided to break out a pair of my capri pants. As I was trying them on, I discovered each pair was seriously too big for me. I finally found a pair that would at least stay on me without falling off, grabbed a nice top and headed to the bathroom to do my hair.

Out of the middle of nowhere, my 16 year old son said "OH MY GOD MOM"! It kind of scared me because I thought something was wrong, so I asked him what was going on. He pointed up towards the wall and then said "YOU MOM, LOOK!". I looked at what he was pointing at and my jaw hit the floor. The outfit I had on was the same one I had on in this picture

As you can see in that picture, I don't have any problem "filling out" the clothes I'm wearing, and I actually have a pretty nice spare tire around the middle to boot. I knew then that I needed to lose some weight, that actually was my motivation because it was the first pictures taken of me in a very long time.

I took another picture of me that was taken that same day back in May and put it side by side with one that I had my daughter take of me on Friday. First, I look like CRAP because I hadn't finished my hair yet or put make up on, but I wanted you to see the difference in me in just 11 months

I'm so happy, I think I could almost do a cartwheel LOL! It's not until you see the proof, side by side, that you actually believe it! And before you ask, no I did not take phenphedrine or any other type of weight loss aid. I simply got up off my toosh and changed the way that I ate. I also started drinking more water, and going to work helped tremendously as well!

I'm proud of myself! I still have a ways to go, but I've come a VERY long way in the past year! Maybe I'll actually break down and get a bathing suit this year? LOL

No comments: