Monday, April 20, 2009

Just for a couple of days?

I've got so much going on in my life right now, and it's honestly not showing any signs of slowing up either. And no, I'm not complaining, I just wish I could remember where I put my head at most days lately! ;-)

We're in the middle of packing to move, yet again. I'm so sick of moving, and I honestly don't want to make this move, but we also really don't have any other choice. On top of that I'm dealing with some health issues, nothing too major, but bad enough that it made me wake up and realize that I do need to take better care of myself and cut back just a little at work. I had been working 6 days a week, most days being at work by 5:30, and it finally took it's toll on me, landing me in the ER one night for over 8 hours. Thankfully things didn't turn out as bad as what we all were originally thinking, but I do have a few concerns that need to be taken care of, so I did find a new doctor and have seen her twice now. Tomorrow I get my mammies grammed for the first time, then after that I have two heart tests and come home on a 24 hour heart monitor to just make sure everything really is OK.

I'm also dealing with my husbands health issues, which thankfully ended up NOT being heart related, but stomach related instead. He started a temporary day labor job a week ago and hasn't had a day off since. Perfect timing considering we have to move in 10 days! I also have a sick child, and messed up my reminder program and missed a reminder for a shift at work tonight. So when my boss called me at 3:30 asking "Do you know you were supposed to be in today at 3?" My answer was UHHHHH, NO! Thankfully it was a good night, but I was a bit stressed out about it!

Honestly, right now I'd love to get away for just a couple of days! Hubby and I have an anniversary coming up on May 1, so strange to think that we've been married almost 17 years! And with all that's been going on it would be cool to be able to grab one of the great deals I've seen for Las Vegas hotels, book us a flight, and just get away from everything, just the two of us! But the finances just aren't there, and the timing isn't either. Maybe one day we can get our acts together and have the money AND the time to get away for a few days. But with kids, dogs, jobs and bills that are piling up, it's just not in the cards for us right now!

No comments: