Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm so proud of myself!

For all of my life I have struggled with weight issues. When I was young it wasn't so bad, but as I got into my teens and early adult hood, my weight really climbed fast! When I graduated from High School, my weight was embarrassingly high. But it wasn't until I turned 20 that I had any significant amount of weight loss, and my "means" of losing weight then was neither good nor healthy!

Over the next 10+ years my weight went up and down, especially during my pregnancies with my children. In late 1999, my weight was the lowest it had ever been in my adult life and for the first time since early junior high school the pants and jeans I was buying were sized with a single number.

But that didn't last long, and before I knew it the pants and jeans I was buying were twice the size of the ones I bought that winter. It was depressing sometimes, but I knew that even though my weight was high, my health was pretty decent!

Last year my weight went higher than it ever had before and this year my New Years Resolution included getting healthy and losing weight. I'm happy to say that since January 1st I have lost a total of 10 pounds and if I go back to last October I've lost a total of 23 pounds! I've still got a ways to go before I hit my "goal" weight, and I'm checking out the different options for diet pills in case I decide I need a little extra help reaching my goal. But so far, with just a few modifications in my diet and the help of working stock truck two days a week, I'm very happy with the progress I've made!

No comments: