Friday, January 02, 2009

It's time to replace my camera

It's only been a few years since I purchased the digital camera I currently have, and to be honest there really isn't anything "wrong" with it. BUT, there are a few things about it that I don't like, and one thing about it that makes it not work for me with the things that I use it for.

See, although I thought it would be better to have a "bulky" digital camera because I thought bulky meant better, I'm learning now that that isn't always the right anwer. And with as bulky as my current camera is, it makes it near impossible to just put it in my purse, unless I'm carrying an over sized purse.

I've also learned that unless I have a special program that can convert the movies that I take with my camera, it's not possible for me to edit my movies with Windows Movie Maker. And with some of the things that I have and need to make movies for, being able to edit them is an absolute must. And so far, the programs that I've tried to convert the movies from my camera have completely messed up my videos.

Now one very cool thing about buying a new digital camera is the fact that all of the sd cards I use in my current camera will still work in the new camera that I purchase. The only thing left to do is make my final decision as to which camera I want and make my purchase. But I'm not going to rush into it, I still have quite a bit of research to do! But stay tuned because I'll post about what my final decision is and post pics of it shortly after my purchase!

No comments: