Friday, January 23, 2009

It's been a couple weeks

It's been a couple of weeks since I've been here, and I'm sorry for that. Life has tended to be a little busy these past few weeks. A few days after my last post my oldest child turned 16. It's so strange to think of him being 16, I tend to think back to the days when he was a toddler running around with a head full of long curly hair, or the little boy who was obsessed with Pokemon cards...LOL! Now his life is filled with friends and coming up with different ideas for things they do when they hang out.

I've also been pretty sick for the last week or so. First it started out with some sort of sporadic stomach bug, then it went to cold type symptoms, then I just got so completely exhausted that every inch of my body was in pain. I spent the first part of this week attempting to sleep that off, but finally got around and went to work yesterday for a few hours. But after I got home from work, it was back to bed and I slept most of the day yesterday as well.

I've got a few things to take care of this morning, then I have to be to work at 11. I was scheduled to pull a ten hour shift today, going in at 5:30 AM and getting out at 3:30 this afternoon, but one of my friends from work who seen me struggling putting stock truck away yesterday asked me if I wanted to swap with her and work her 11-4 instead. At first I was not going to swap, but by the time I finished truck I knew that there was no way I'd be able to pull off a ten hour shift today. I hate losing all the hours I have, but I have to get my health in order or I'll lose even more hours!

No comments: