Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Just wanted to stop in before the day was over and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! It's been a pretty decent day here in my home, the kids got a few gifts from Santa that they're very happy with! Our "big" Christmas is with my family on Saturday, that'll be an all day adventure for us.

Speaking of Saturday, looks like it won't be a White Christmas with my family. They just did the weather a few minutes ago on TV and they're calling for a high temperature on Saturday that's near 60. That's almost bizarre for this time of year for us, especially when you consider that the beginning of this week we had temps in the negative double digits counting in the wind chill! Don't even think that I'm complaining though, because I'm not! At least I know we won't have to worry about driving on bad roads heading up to Michigan!

We did have something kind of neat happen today! My daughter decided she wanted to do some online "research" to see if she could find any of my husbands family and today the "hooked up" with one of his nephews online on MySpace. We ended calling their house and talking to him and his wife and hope to be able to get together with them this spring!

Christmas was better than I had hoped for! It got off to a bit of a rough start last night because I let my depression get to me and had a pretty major melt down, but once it was over, I felt a little better! I'd have liked to have slept in a little later this morning, but someone that we haven't talked to in a VERY VERY long time got the idea that it would be a good thing to call us at 7:30 AM and wish us a Merry Christmas. While their sentiment was nice, their timing really sucked!

Hope you and yours had a VERY Merry Christmas!

No comments: