Monday, November 24, 2008

They're making their lists....

The kids talked with my mom over the weekend. She wanted to remind them that she'll be going out in the wee hours of the morning Friday to start Christmas shopping and she needs to know what it is they want for Christmas this year. Normally I go out shopping with her and my sister, and we're eventually joined by my step brothers wife. But after a recent swap of messages between myself and my step brothers sister and the fact that I still don't know if I'm working Friday or not, I've decided that I'm just not going to go this year. I don't want to be around this "woman" and even after my mom heard the story about what was said between us and agreed with me that she had no business at all to even say anything, rather than say something like "We'll just not meet up with her", mom instead suggested that maybe it would be better if I didn't go. I could get upset and let it bother me, but why? There's no reason for that and considering the fact that I don't have any money to shop with this week, it really makes no sense for me to get up that time of day just to "hang out" with them!

Anyway, back to the kids' lists. My daughter is definitely a typical girl! Her list is filled with nothing but clothes, makeup and jewelry....LOL! While I do agree she does need some clothes, there are definitely other things she needs as well, like a new bedspread, a new TV and some new shoes for school. As for the clothes, she really needs uniform type clothes that she can wear to school, but the stuff on her list is mainly made of up clothes that definitely can't be worn to school!

My son is definitely a tech geek! The things that make up his list this year are things like Guitar Hero for the Wii, a digital camera that can take pictures as well as video, a micro sd card for his MP3 player and a webcam for his computer. I asked him if he wanted some clothes or anything and he said not really, then came back and said he wouldn't mind a new hoodie.

Mom also asked me what I wanted this year for Christmas. I tried my best to protest her even buying me anything, but she wasn't going to take no for an answer. So the only thing I could come up with besides my "usual", which is meat for my freezer, was some firewood. Since we're trying to primarily heat with the wood burner this year, we'll definitely go through more wood than we did last year. I hope she doesn't get me anything though, if she wants to spend the money, she needs to put it on the kids, not me!

No comments: