Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Speaking of the holidays

I'm sure you know and realize that Christmas is right around the corner! It's so strange to think that Thanksgiving is just two weeks from tomorrow! The kids are already looking forward to their long weekend! Me, however, I'm not really looking forward to working that long weekend, because people will be grumpy and rude from all the shopping and not being able to find what they were looking for. But I'll put my smile on in the hopes of being able to make their day a little better!

I'm still not sure what's going to happen this year for Christmas. Finances are a bit tough, but we're dealing with them as best as we can! My husband had a really good job interview yesterday! It's for a company that does the same type of work he did at his last job, so he'll at least be doing something he likes if he gets it. And although the pay isn't as good as his last job, it's with a far more reputable company!

The kids already know that Christmas is going to be on the slim side this year, and they're as OK with it as they can be. My son really couldn't care, he's much more like me than my daughter is. To him the holiday's are about family and good food..LOL! He knows that as much as he'd like to walk around sporting one of the fancy Oceanus watches he's seen, that as much as we'd like to fill that wish, it's just not in the budget this year. He's actually talked about taking any money that we'd spend on him for gifts and donating it to a charity, or taking the gifts and donating them to a needy family. He makes me VERY proud some days!

No comments: