Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Having a BLAH kind of day

I have no idea why, but I'm having one of the blah kind of days. You know, the days where you just don't feel like doing much of anything? And it's not that I don't have anything do to, because there is a ton of things that I could be doing!

I have a couple of loads of laundry that really need to get done, I have a few dishes left over from last nights dinner as well as this mornings dishes that need to be washed. And we also got the go ahead form our landlord to tear the closet out of our daughters room, which means I need to get in there with totes and get the unnecessary stuff packed up so that when we do have the time to start working on this, we can get it done! Once it's torn out, I plan on repainting the room something other than the tan color that the walls already are!

I also need to finish up my grocery list so that I can pick things up after work tomorrow. We went in Sunday to get groceries, but I was hurting from having the outpatient surgery on my toe Saturday, plus I was a bit tired from the pain medication, and that combination made me a bit too irritable to be in public. We got about half way through the store and I turned to my husband, handed him the coupons, and walked out...LOL! I just knew that in the mood I was in, being in public wasn't a good thing. That and the fact that there was this "woman" who very rudely shoved my shopping cart in an attempt to get me to move from where I was at. Now mind you, the aisle was packed at that time, and moving wasn't a very easy thing for me. But if she'd have simply said "Excuse me, I need to get something from where you're standing, could I get you to move", I'd have probably made the effort to make room for her. But with the way she did what she did, I made every effort possible to keep her from being able to access what she wanted.

OK, I admit, that wasn't the nicest thing to do, and you do get better results by being nice, but I was simply fed up! What's wrong with people anymore? No one has even the smallest amount of patience or kindness for anyone any more! People are rude and inconsiderate and that just drives me up a wall!

Maybe everyone's holiday spirits are kicking in already? LOL You know, Ebeneezer Scrooge syndrome? Bah Humbug! LOL

No comments: