Thursday, November 20, 2008

Giving Thanks

I've always been a person who feels thankful for the people and things I have in my life, for me it's not something that's limited only to this time of year! To say that the past few months have been a bit rough is probably an understatement, but we've done the best that we can to get through everything that has gone on.

In July I lost a cousin to suicide, in August I lost a good friend to cancer and in September I lost my nephew in a tragic fishing accident. On top of that my husband lost his job in August. It's definitely been a few of the roughest months that I've experienced in my life, but we've hung in there and have done the best that we could do. Is there really any other choice?

My husband has had the flu the past couple of days, he's sicker than I've seen him in a very long time. He managed to pass that on to me and I ended up coming home four hours early today. Shortly after I got home I climbed back into bed to get some much needed rest. That rest came to a sudden stop half an hour ago when the phone rang. At first I was kind of upset that the phone was ringing, but when I seen what the caller ID said, my heart started pounding! It was the call we have been waiting for for almost two weeks now. A company that my husband interviewed and tested for was calling to let him know that the job was his! They'll call the beginning of next week with the details, and he'll start the week after Thanksgiving.

While I can always find something to be thankful for, this year the term Giving Thanks holds an extra special meaning for me! Not only did my husband get hired for a very good job, but I also am still working for the fantastic online company that I've been with almost two years now and I have an away from home job that I also totally enjoy! There just might be a Christmas after all!

No comments: