Friday, November 21, 2008

My brain is scrambled!

My family has been passing a cold around for a couple of weeks now. It started out with my son getting sick and missing two days of school. Then it passed on to my husband, who has been fighting being sick for almost a week now. It's been much cooler this past week than it was the first half of November, so when I found out that my husband spent an entire day outside at the end of last week without making sure he wore is coveralls, I knew right away that he was going to get really sick!

Sure enough, by Monday night he had a low grade fever and the chills, and by Tuesday morning, he was down for the count! Fortunately the doctors office was able to get him in that day and gave him a diagnosis with a severe case of bronchitis as well as the flu. They were able give him some prescriptions for medications to help relieve some of his symptoms, which has helped. But I told him that if he wanted to make sure that the kids or I didn't catch what he had, he really needed to confine himself to one of the bedrooms so that his germs didn't spread through the house. Did he listen? NOPE!

I got up for work yesterday morning, and although I was tired, I felt OK. I got to work and after I had been there about 45 minutes I started feeling nauseous. I knew then that I was going to be in trouble! Within another 45 minutes my brain was completely scrambled to the point that my boss looked at me and asked if I needed to go home. Yes I do realize that I don't work one of those jobs in logistics, I work customer service in a bakery/cafe. But when you have a customer in front of you that is placing a large order and you're sick enough that you can't even get your brain to function to the point of pushing the correct buttons on the cash register, it's time to call it a day.

I spent part of yesterday resting, mostly because one of the medications I took knocked me out....LOL! I feel OK this morning, just really out of it still, so I'll spend as much of today resting as I can again. I hate being sick, I really do! And I can't help but wonder if it could have been avoided if my husband simply would have done what I asked him to do and stay in bed to keep his germs confined to one room. I guess it's like the age old question "How many licks does it take to get to the middle of a Tootsie Pop?" The world may never find out...LOL!

No comments: