Wednesday, October 15, 2008

WOW, that's just crazy!

I'm sitting here this morning watching my favorite morning news channel. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of him but Nik Wallenda, of the famous Wallenda's who perform regularly on high wires without nets, is going to ride a bike 250 across a high wire that is suspended 135 foot above the ground this morning.

I won't even try to pretend that I'm familiar with the family, I do know the name but only because I've heard it on the news, in not so good ways. Several other members of the Wallenda family have died while performing on the high wire without a net, which is what their family is famous for. While I can understand the fact that performing without a net is what makes their family so famous, I can't help but wonder if they might want to consider finding a new family tradition.

Their name is very well known so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a hard time being successful if they decided to start a new family business. For instance, I'll bet they could successfully open a Ferrari dealership complete with a Ferrari parts and repair shop in any city of their choice!

OK, he's getting ready to ride the bike across the wire and I really want to watch it!

No comments: