Saturday, October 04, 2008

UHT OH, that's not good!

Today I needed to tear the family room apart and try to find something, so I decided that while I was tearing everything apart I was going to clean everything as well. It's been a few months since we've moved the furniture and desks out here, so it really was something that we needed to do anyway!

The family room, like just about every other room in this house, has serious lighting issues, and behind the desks, unless it's day time with really good sunlight, you really can't see anything unless you have a flashlight. We sweep and vacuum the floor out here regularly, with four indoor dogs we really don't have much of a choice about it. But I had honestly not paid much attention to the floor, especially near my desk.

I have one of those really nice comfy office chairs on wheels, I've had it for a few years now. What I didn't realize was what the dirt on the wheels of my chair were doing to the laminate wood flooring under it. Thankfully it doesn't appear to be ingrained or permanent damage! After a thorough mopping and an application of Orange Glo I can't even see the marks I seen earlier! But you can bet that as soon as I can I'm going to buy something to put under my chair to protect the floor from permanent damage!

No comments: