Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Update on yesterday's interview

Yes, I did remember, although I'm sorry I didn't get back here last night like I said I would. By the time I got home from my interview my kids were being complete butt heads which kind of set the mood for the night.

I'm happy to announce that my job interview wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was thinking it would be! The manager that did my initial interview was a really nice guy who made me feel completely at ease from the start! I have to say that I think it's kind of funny that job interviews haven't changed a bit since the first one I went on almost 25 years ago...LOL!

That being said, I'm THRILLED to announce that I GOT THE JOB! It's a part time job at a nearby restaurant/bakery, one that I've eaten at many times that is a personal favorite! It's just a part time job, so I won't be bringing in enough money to invest in any futures trading right now. But, there is plenty of room for advancement within the company, so maybe I could do some investing down the road. But the biggest thing is that it is going to bring some much needed income into my home, which is something we're seriously lacking right now!

So stay tuned for future posts and updates about my new job! I have no doubts it's going to be a job I will enjoy, but I'm not going to be blind to the fact that it's also going to have bad days along with the good ones! It's going to be an adjustment getting used to working outside of the house again, but it's one that I'm really looking forward to! :)

No comments: