Friday, October 03, 2008

It's my job as a parent

You know, being a parent these days is often difficult! But it's a job that needs to be taken very seriously by every parent! In my opinion, life is much more difficult for kids in this generation than it was when I was a child myself!

When I was a kid we didn't have computers and the internet, we didn't have to worry about complete strangers trying to earn our trust because they had the worst of intentions. So monitoring my children's computers is something that I take very seriously! And something my children know I do!

Yes, at first they were not one bit happy about the fact that I had installed keylogger software on their computers, as a matter of fact my oldest child yelled that he had absolutely no privacy in his own home. But when I sat down and explained to them my reasons for doing this and showed them numerous examples of children whose parents hadn't monitored them online, they started to understand a little better.

My point is that it is my job as a parent to do everything I can to protect my children. In this day and age of computers and technology, many parents don't think about the importance of protecting their children when they're online. Yes, they do educate them about things they should and shouldn't do when they're on their computers, but if they'd just go on step further, they might save themselves some unbearable pain!

No comments: