Monday, September 29, 2008

There are some good things about getting older

While I honestly could do without the gray hair, wrinkles, and the recent discovery of my first age spot, if I'm honest I do have to admit that there are a few "good" things about getting older!

For instance, if the hubby and I go out to dinner at a nice restaurant and I decide I want a glass of wine or a mixed drink, 99.9% of the time I don't get carded anymore...LOL! And it's pretty nice now that the kids are both old enough that I don't have to find someone to watch them or take them along if I need to make a quick trip into the store!

But I think one of the best things is the fact that my car insurance rates are getting lower and lower. I know part of the reason it is as low as it is has to do with my VERY clean driving record. And you can bet that I'm taking advantage of these lower prices while I can because when my son gets his license in a few months I know my rates are going to go SKY HIGH! Hopefully they won't be too bad though. OK, getting back into reality here! But honestly, getting older really isn't that bad, "most" of the time...LOL!

No comments: