Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm a Great Aunt again!!

I was so excited and happy to get a phone call from my mom Wednesday night letting me know that my niece had her baby earlier that evening! This is her second child as well as second son. But this little guy really gave her a hard time even though he was born within 2 hours of her arriving at the hospital. They knew that he was going to be a big baby, they guessed that he was right around 8 pounds, but they were WAY off! The little stinker ended up weighing 9 pounds 9 ounces...LOL! BUT, he's almost 22 inches long, so he doesn't look that heavy.

I called my niece last night to congratulate her and talk to her for a few minutes. She sounded really good and was just counting the hours before they could tuck their new bundle of joy into his little car seat and take him home! She doesn't like hospitals and doesn't like being poked and prodded and just wanted to get home and rest in the confines of her own four walls!

She also said that she was REALLY looking forward to being able to put away her maternity clothes and swap them for some of her favorite summer shorts and tops! Of course she knows that it's going to be a little while before she'll be able to put them away, but something tells me that they won't be put up for long ;-)

No comments: