Sunday, March 23, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new...

No silly, this isn't a post about New Years, sheesh! It's SPRING and that means that I'll finally be able to get outside and start working on the yard here. When we moved here in October, before we knew it the weather was too cold for us to worry about anything outside. The last people that lived here left the yard a MESS, there is so much junk laying around, the weeds are majorly over grown and for some odd reason there are 5 gallon pickle buckets scattered all through out the yard and woods! Don't ask me, because I have NO clue!

We also have to figure out what we're going to do about the deck outside of the slider door here in the family room. Right now it's just a tiny thing, maybe 5 foot by 6 foot. I want something a little bigger and a little more stable because I have my eye on a beautiful teak furniture set for the deck! But if we can't make the deck as big as we'd like to we can always put a set of steps that go out to the back yard and build a nice ground level patio out there! There's plenty of room and it would be a little more private!

Either way, I just can't wait to get busy and start getting the outside of this house and the yard looking better!

No comments: