Monday, January 21, 2008

Vacation plans updated

As you've probably read over the past few months, we've been planning on taking our first major family vacation this year. Our original intention was to take it over the time period that the kids are off school for their spring break. But as that time has gotten closer, and the realities of life keep kicking in, it's obvious that our vacation simply isn't going to happen right now. I have no choice but to either take my computer in and have a major overhaul done on it or simply replace it, which would be about the same cost, but quite a bit quicker...LOL! I also have to decide whether or not I'm going to put a big chunk of money into my 17 year old Honda with almost 250,000 miles or bit the bullet and put a down payment down on a new to me car. With those two fairly major expenses coming up, our family vacation is being put on the back burner for the time being. I guess one of the upsides to that is the fact that I don't have to worry about buying new luggage or trying to shop for a bathing suit in NW Ohio in January....LOL. It doesn't mean we won't take our vacation, it just means that we need to postpone it for a while.

No comments: