Sunday, March 11, 2007

My quiet little place

SHHHHHH, don't tell anyone, but I'm in my "office"....LOL! As you may or may not know, I'm getting ready to go back to school in just a few weeks. One of my biggest concerns was that when I needed to study for school things would be too hectic for me to be able to actually concentrate and do the work I needed to do.

So I came up with the idea of taking our extra "bedroom" and cleaning it out and setting up a desk and computer in it. The only problem was that what was stored in this room were our clothes because we don't have very much closet space in this house. That actually turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be because I cleaned out the closets in the kids' rooms and was able to put all of their clothes away once that was done. The only thing that was left was mine and hubby's clothes which would end up having to partially stay in the room because we do not have a closet in our room.

Having gotten that done and setting up a make shift desk, on Friday evening we ran the DSL up here and moved the hubby's laptop up here. It was ok, it did give me computer/internet access, but I'm not a huge fan of laptops and hubby's leaves MUCH to be desired as far as it's ability to load pages and programs. So yesterday I decided that I was going to make the step and move my computer upstairs. I like it up here, it's quiet and gives me the ability to focus on what I'm doing. But I don't like that I kind of feel disconnected from the rest of the house and the family.

How long I'll keep my computer up here we'll see, but for now I'm in my own quiet space. So SHHHHHHHH, don't tell anyone, I'm really enjoying the peace and quiet!

**huggles**

No comments: