Monday, February 26, 2007

Peace At Last!

As you know from a few posts ago, my son brought home a home economics "project" this past weekend in the form of a doll from the "Baby Think It Over" program. I must admit, there were times that I "kind of" enjoyed having a "baby" around, I mean, come on, I'm a 40 something woman with teenagers, there is a "part" of me that would love to have another baby. But it's not to be as the "baby factory" was condemned and closed almost 12 years ago...LOL!

But I must admit that I'm very impressed with this program, sleep deprivation aside...LOL! I've never been around anything like this before so I'm not sure how to compare this baby to other baby simulators, I only have my own personal experience with babies to compare it to, and let me tell you, it's RIGHT on the money.

The biggest goal with the Baby Think It Over doll/program is sleep deprivation, I know this because I went to their website...LOL! We were up most nights every 2 to 2 1/2 hours. One night we had a 3 hour stretch and last night her last "needs" time was 2:20 a.m. and she never went off again. Unfortunately I had to be up at 5, so I didn't get much sleep...LOL!

My childs over all reaction was two fold. First, he actually became attached to the doll, even talking and cooing back to it at times. His second reaction came this evening when I asked him if he was enjoying his freedom to which he replied "Yeah, I sure did miss being able to do what I wanted to when I had her". Unfortunately for me, he's not one to sleep alot, so the sleep deprivation didn't get to him the way it got to me.

Over all I feel it gave he and I some really nice time together. I camped out with him every night and only helped when he said he needed it. For the biggest part of the 3 days he took care of his "baby" and he did it proudly. My hope is that it deters him rather than actually making him want a baby!! I don't think he understands that it's actually the young mother that would be responsible for the vast majority of the babies care!

No comments: