Saturday, February 24, 2007

Here's something funny for you to read

As many of you already know, I have 2 children. One child is 11 and in the 6th grade, the other is 14 and in the 8th grade. My 8th grader is having a very interesting weekend this weekend. It's his weekend to bring home the "Baby Think It Over" baby. Let me tell you, it's been interesting to say the least!

The "baby" activated yesterday at 4:00 p.m. with a coo and a giggle. Since then it has been through several bottles and diaper changes as well as periods of times that it has cried just for the sake of crying. Now my son has been almost obsessive over his "baby", almost to the point of not letting family members help. It's brought out a side of him that has just totally amazed me! It's not that he's a "bad" child, he's just at that very difficult stage in life and his emotions sometimes get the best of him.

I opted to camp out with him in the living room over night in case the "baby" woke up and he was having a hard time. He woke up with her every time, did what was necessary to stop the crying, got her back to sleep then went back to sleep himself. During her last wake up, after he got her back to sleep I asked him if he had learned anything. His words were "Yeah, to not have one of THOSE", pointing at his "baby". But he said it with a smile.

He did finally "give in" and is allowing us to take care of the "baby" while he gets a little bit of gaming time in on his favorite computer game. But it's been cute and he admitted that he's becoming attached to his "baby". I asked him if he thought he would cry when he had to give her back on Monday, to which he replied "Probably".

I hope he learns from this and doesn't become a young father! Besides, I'm definitely not ready to be a grandma yet...LOL!

No comments: