Friday, December 15, 2006

YAY!! I finally got a day off

Now don't get me wrong, I really don't mind working as much as I have been, especially this time of year because it will really come in handy! But I've not worked a ton of days straight in quite a while now, and I'm just not used to it. I'm tired and very worn out!

Last night I thought I was going to have to work again today. I got a call yesterday after I left that my shop manager jumped off the back of a truck and broke his ankle and that I should plan on working today. Then last night, about 9, my boss called and said that it wouldn't be necessary for me to work today, which made my night!

I actually got to sleep in until 6 this morning...WHOOOHOOO!! I kept my daughter home from school today, not because she was sick, but because she and I had some shopping to do by Sunday and I "thought" she was going to be leaving tonight for the weekend. But then my sister called today and announced that my niece is grounded so my daughter isn't going to be going away for the weekend after all, because she was supposed to be going with my niece to her fathers for the weekend. UGH...sure wish people would make up their minds...LOL

So she and I hit the road about 10 to find her a dress or outfit for her Christmas concert on Sunday. We went to several stores and were starting to get very frustrated and decided to check out a store called Plato's Closet. I tell you, I am very impressed! It's a consignment for "teen" clothes, but fortunately for us they went down to "00" sizes and we found the perfect outfit. It's not as Holiday looking as I'd hoped for, but she looks AWESOME! She found a cute brown pinstipe mini skirt and a pink top that matches the stripes in the skirt. I got her a pair of "heels" at the shoe store and some nylons. I tell you, she definitely isn't a little girl anymore! I also snagged up a couple of REALLY nice pairs of jeans for her for $10 a pair. (Have I told you how THRILLED I am that she no longer is wearing uniforms to school?? LOL)

My day is definitely going better than hubby's is! He's out doing apartment inspections today for the company he works for. They go through and change the furnace filters and batteries in the smoke detectors, then just make sure the furnace is working ok and there's nothing major wrong in the apartments. In the 2nd building he went into today he was knocking on an apartment door and no one was answering so he used his pass key to open the door and the resident was sitting in the living room sleeping. The guy upstairs came down and said "Oh, that's so and so, I know him" so my hubby asked the neighbor to go in and wake the guy up so they could do the inspection. Poor guy, apparently while he was sitting in his chair watching tv last night he passed away. It really shook my hubby up! I personally would have lost it, but that's just me.

Anyway, that's what's going on today. Hope your day is going well!
**huggles**

No comments: