Thursday, November 16, 2006

Bicycle Update

I thought I'd take a moment and update you on my daughters bicycle "situation". I worked at the office today and this afternoon my boss, who also happens to be a neighbor, called me and asked me to describe my daughters bicycle. After I did he said to hold on a second, when he came back to the phone he said "I've got her bike in my truck, I'll be back at the shop by 2". When I tried to get him to tell me where he found it and who had it he simply said "I found it, that's all you need to know for now, I'll tell you more when I get back to the shop".

When he got back to the shop he would only tell me that there was a kid riding it down the road and that he knew who the kid was, but wasn't going to tell me. When I asked why he said "You just need to be glad that she got her bike back and leave it at that".

At first, I was REALLY upset. I couldn't understand why he wouldn't tell me who had it, especially after looking at the bike and seeing the damage that was done to it. I've sat and thought about it for 2 hours now and although I still don't understand, I've decided to accept. We do need to be thankful that we don't have to replace a bike. And although it is damaged, the damage does not affect the ridability of her bike, only the look of it. So I'm thankful, but a little less trusting of the people who live around me, which I don't like one bit!

Thanks to all who read my vent, I appreciate it!
**huggles**

No comments: