Saturday, July 22, 2006

Wellllllllllll......I did it

Well ladies and germs, I must admit, I finally broke down and did it. After 5 years without one, and the fact that I asked to go to the beach for my birthday (which is tomorrow) I broke down and bought a bathing suit. All I can say is YUCK YUCK YUCK!!! Now, I know I'm not "old" so to say, I mean, to many of you I'm sure 40 is old, and to others I'm sure it's not. But today's bathing suits are either geared towards young chickies or old ladies, there is no in between, PERIOD! So, I waded through the racks of suits that were left this time of year and chose several to try on. I actually only tried one "normal" bathing suit for me, which was a plain black one piece, but I did not like it AT ALL!!! I tried on several one piece suits and even a couple of two piece ones too. The first "set" I tried on ended up being too small, so I went back and got some that were the next size bigger. That size was right, now I just had to see which one I liked the most. You see, although I'm no where near the size I used to be, I'm also not as small as I'd like to be, then again, is any woman as small as she'd like to be? BUT, for a woman who has given birth 2 times and is a mere 2.5 hours away from turning 41, I can accept what size I am. So, after what felt like forever (ESPECIALLY for my hubby) I finally chose my very first 2 piece bathing suit ever....LOL. But, I cheated as it's what is called a skirtini. It has a long top and a short skirty type bottom. But I like it!! I searched FOREVER online trying to find it and finally did...LOL. So, without any further ado, I'd like to introduce my new bathing suit....LOL

Unfortunately, it looks no where near as good on me as it does on her, but that's ok, I can live with it!!
Hope everyone's weekend is going well! See ya when I'm 41 ;o)
**huggles**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you are still younger than me and probably look pretty darn good in the skirtini. I'm glad you saw me and searched me out.

:-)

Magikjaz said...

i love it! I'm sure you look fabulous!