Friday, July 14, 2006

Rain AGAIN :o(

**UGH** Tonight we had our 4th MAJOR storm in a matter of less than 3 weeks. At one point during the storm, the local news said the rain was falling at an average of 4 inches a minute. Our area has ALOT of roads, yards and houses under water right now. After the storm passed and the sun came out, hubby and I decided to hop in the truck and take a peek...LOL! Here's some of what we got pictures of:

This was in someone's front yard, I almost peed my pants when I read it!


This is a road around the corner of us, it "only" has about 4 inches of water across it

This is someones yard who I honestly don't know, I just thought it was amazing that there was only water and no land

This is just down the road from the house pictured above. I honestly could NOT believe that someone in a car was going through that water, in that spot the water was nearly 8 inches over the road, that was one of the worst spots we seen
This is the road that sits directly to my west, I can see it from my house. 99% of the houses on this road could not access their driveways, nor do they have much of their yards that aren't under water right now

This was absolutely the worst flooding just in my area. You can't tell because that truck is just at the start of the water, but the water over the road EASILY hit 12" deep. It was really kewl though, cuz we follwed him through it and watching the water was amazing. This is the area where that sign "Got Boat" is at, so their sign makes PERFECT sense!

This is a van that followed us through the area that had 12 inches of water across the road. You can't see it, but there is a current running across the road. I kept an eye on him to make sure he made it through ok ;o)

I have some pics of the water in my yard, maybe this weekend I'll get around to resizing them so I can put them here. We didn't get hit "too bad" so I'm definitely not going to complain! I still cannot believe the amount of houses that have absolutely no access from their homes to the road in front of them because of their driveways being under water, it's just mind blowing. But we're out in the country, there is one area in town that has been hit so badly with these 4 storms that homes are litterally falling in or having to be torn down because of how badly they are damaged!
Also, I'm not sure how many people know this, or "learned" it after Hurricaine Katrina hit last year, but know that if you live in an area of the country that can get significant amounts of rain at any given time, if you don't have flood insurance, you will NOT get a dime from your insurance company for water damages UNLESS the damage is because the water came in through a broken window, a blown off roof, etc. If the water came in because of flooding you must have a flood insurance clause written in. There were many homes in the area with thousands of dollars worth of damage because of rising water and they are getting a big fat ZERO from their insurance.
Anyway, I need to get off here and get busy, have a great night and I'll catch up with ya later!
**huggles**

1 comment:

Mig said...

I loved the sign too. Luckily I didn't have to pee when I read it. I cannot believe how much flooding you have in your area. I am praying for dry weather for you.