Monday, September 19, 2005

Playing catch up here...LOL

Monday morning, and not only is it Monday, but it is the last "official" Monday in the Summer of 2005. I have mixed emotions about this one...LOL.

In some ways, I'll be glad for the heat to finally be gone for good. This has been a near record breaking summer here in NW Ohio for the heat. We've only had one other year on record that we've had more days of 90+ degree temperatures than we have had this year. July was the PITS!! We were still in the apartment and surrounded by asphalt, so we didn't spend too much time in the outdoors, unless we packed up and went out to the beach. And even with the breeze coming off of the lake, it was still miserably HOT!!

And I must admit that Autumn is my FAVORITE season! I love the colors, and the crispness in the air in the morning when you walk outside for the first time! We have nothing but woods across the road from us here and the neighbors said the colors out here are just spectacular!!

And of course, there is FOOTBALL!! I'm so proud of my Bengals this year! We're 2-0 for the first time in a VERY long time! They kicked butt yesterday and beat the Vikings 37-8!!!

BUT, with every beautiful Autumn comes the dreaded winter. Winter is a very difficult time for me, or at least it has been. I believe I suffer from Seasonal Depression because I tend to get down in the dumps a lot once the cold kicks in. It's like my soul screams to be outdoors, but my body refuses or something...LOL. I've never liked the cold or being outdoors in it, I'd much rather just look at it from the inside...LOL. Anyway, enough about that.

I'm VERY happy to report that Kryssy's surgery went AWESOME!! We got there quite early, and the person that was scheduled for surgery before her never showed up, so they took her back almost an hour earlier than she was scheduled. The cyst was exactly what the doctor thought it was and nothing more. Just a clogged up hair follicle. She has a few stitches inside of her incision, and then they covered the outside with those steri-strip things, but those fell off yesterday. Her incision is maybe 2 inches long and looks VERY good! She goes back to the doctor in 2 weeks to get it checked and that's it. It's such a huge relief to have it done and over with!

I also have some "news" of my own!! I had been thinking about looking for a part time job, maybe something at one of the kids schools or something like that. Ric called me last Tuesday and asked if I would be interested in doing some part time cleaning. A friend of his does the lawn care for a large apartment/condo community and the manager of the community asked Ric's friend if he knew of anyone that cleaned because she had just fired her cleaning person. So Ric's friend called Ric and asked him if he thought I'd be interested. It pays $10 an hour and my hours are VERY flexible. I can work while the kids are in school, or at night after Ric is home, or even on the weekends if I need to. So, of course, I took it...LOL. The guy that asked Ric if he thought I'd be interested bought all of my supplies (vacuum, cleaners, rags, buckets, etc) and told me to let him know what else I need and he'll get it. He also has 2 "assistants" for me, but flat out told me "You are the boss, you tell them what to do, if you have any problems with them, you let me know and I'll take care of it, but I'm paying you $10 and they're only getting $6, so that puts YOU in charge"...LOL. I've worked 2 days so far and have made $110, definitely nothing to sneeze at...LOL. I'm going to go online today to the IRS's site and download the forms I need so that I can claim my pay right, because Bob isn't taking taxes out of me. He's a great guy, and I am THRILLED for this opportunity!!

OK, I've been online for almost an hour now, and that's TOO long...LOL!! I hope that you all have a wonderful day!

**HUGGLES**
LUV YA!!

1 comment:

Magikjaz said...

*hugs*