Sunday, December 21, 2008

Just three more days...

I'm sitting here tonight, so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. It's been such a long week and I'm completely worn out! And even though I just went back to work today, after having two days off, those two days weren't restful ones at all! I knew ahead of time that I was going to have to get up early Saturday morning, so the one thing I hoped to do Friday was simply sleep in. But that simply wasn't meant to be!

We were woke up at 3:00 AM Friday morning by a knock at the door. You see, my area was in the midst of a pretty bad snow and ice storm. And, well, I live out in the middle of the country, surrounded by people that don't have the common sense of an ant! Tow such people decided that it would be a cool thing to get drunk Thursday night and head out on a snowmobile, in the middle of the night, in the middle of the storm, without a cell phone! While that isn't necessarily "that" bad of a thing, what makes it bad is the fact that in their drunken stupor, the driver of said snowmobile drove it right into a ditch culvert, flipping the passenger off the snowmobile and putting himself right into the handle bars.

And since they didn't have a cell phone on them, they thought they were going to have to make the long trek home on foot. But you see, we have motion sensor flood lights on the front and side of the house. Once they hit the end of our driveway, the lights on the the front of the house came on. We all know that people who have been drinking are some of the smartest people on the face of the earth, and these two were no exception! See, they thought that since the motion light came on it meant that we had seen them and turned the light on, and they thought that since we had seen them, we wouldn't mind if they came knocking on our door in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, we were all sound asleep and had no clue they were out there or anything had happened!

So make a long story a little shorter, as much as I wanted to sleep in, that simply wasn't going to happen, and even thought I didn't have to be to work at 5 AM, I was wide awake a little after 3 AM. I ended up staying up until a little after 9 AM, then decided that I'd go ahead and take a short nap. HAH! That didn't happen. My short nap lasted almost 6 hours and I woke up about 3:30 in the afternoon, completely disoriented! Then on Saturday, I was supposed to spend the morning with my mom, the morning ended up being over 10 hours. And today, I was up and at'em at 3:00 AM to be to work at 5:00 AM to end up working until 2:30 PM.

So why am I still sitting here you ask? Well, I have a few more things online I need to get finished up tonight, THEN I'll head to bed! Thankfully I don't go to work until 9:00 AM tomorrow!

No comments: