Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Football just isn't the same this year

I was sitting here earlier reading some sports news and caught a couple of stories about a few football players. One player left his team because his father just passed away, another player is almost assuring his team will make the playoffs and another recently shot himself in the leg "accidentally".

I don't know what the deal is this year, but I just cannot get into football like I have the past several years. It used to be that the TV was tuned into every game possible on Sunday, as well as Sunday night and Monday night. This past Sunday, we didn't tune in a single game. It wasn't until I was about to call it a night that it finally hit me that I had missed every game.

I know my team stinks this year, we've only won one game. And my husbands team hasn't won a single game. Maybe that's what's wrong? You almost know they're going to lose the game before it starts, so maybe my mind is simply saying "Why even watch?", but it wasn't just the games my team played in that I watched in previous years.

Maybe I'm just in more of a funk right now that I fully realize I am! I don't know what it is, but it sure feels weird not watching the games!

No comments: