Monday, September 08, 2008

Trying to eliminate the clutter

Over the past couple of weeks I've been trying to eliminate as much of the clutter in this house as possible! We moved here from a house that had almost 1,000 square foot of living space more than this house does. But we've found that even though this house has less square footage, it actually has more usable living space than the other house did!

I think the thing that I like the most about this house is the fact that all off the rooms, except the kids rooms, have either hardwood or linoleum floors. Yes, part of me does miss having nice, soft carpet under my feet when I'm walking around barefoot, wich is about 99% of the time. But these floors are so much easier to take care of! I no longer have to lug around vacuum cleaners when I want to clean the floors, now it's just a simple broom and dustpan. I do get out the vacuum cleaner when I need to use the attachments so that I can get into the nooks and crannies, but it's not something that has to be used daily.

Anyway, the de-cluttering process is coming along nicely. And thanks to a friend that lives around the corner from us, we've actually been able to sell off some of the items we realize we no longer need and put a few extra dollars in our pockets in the process!

No comments: