Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Biggest Loser Season 6

Tonight is the start of season 6 of The Biggest Loser. This season is made up of Husband/Wife and Parent/Child teams and I just found out on the local news that two of the teams are from not too far from here. Two of the Husband/Wife teams are from Cleveland, OH and one of the Parent/Child teams is from Auburn Hills, MI.

I think this show is wonderful and I think that the way they change peoples lives is fantastic. As a person who is overweight, I feel that you can't put enough focus on getting obesity under control! I've spent nearly all of my life being a "big" person, with a few periods of time where I did have some major weight loss, so I know how difficult of a battle weight problems can be!

I also know that there are dozens of options when it comes to battling weight problems. I think the most important factors in not only losing the weight but keeping it off are eating healthy and getting plenty of exercise! There are also other options, some as simple as taking diet supplements, and some that are a little more "extreme" like bariatric surgery. No matter which options you choose, it's important to stick with them and remember that the extra weight didn't show up over night, so it's not going to come off over night. It will take time and hard work if you really want to succeed!

No comments: