Tuesday, June 24, 2008

So, where do you think we should go?

As I said in an earlier post, my kids are getting ready to go to their older sisters for a month. This will be the first time in over 16 years that my husband and I have been without kids around.

One of the things that we've been considering doing while they are gone is taking a vacation of our own, even if it's only for a long weekend! We've thought about going out to Las Vegas, but air fair is really starting to go up thanks to the cost of gas sky rocketing. So we realize that if we do go somewhere, it's going to have to be somewhere that we can drive to and would prefer to keep it somewhere around a 10 hour drive or less.

A few of the places in Ohio that we've talked about are Cleveland, Cincinnati and Put In Bay. Personally, I'd like to leave Ohio, it's very rare that we get the chance to do anything and even more rare that we venture far from home!

So, here are my thoughts about trips that could be possible, some of which would actually require a weeks vacation rather than a long weekend, but that still might be possible. I've checked into Hilton Head rentals, Tennessee vaction spots and even Chicago. Personally, I'd rather relax on a beach than go to a big city. I guess I just have to wait and see how things work out and what ends up happening!

No comments: