Friday, May 02, 2008

Sixteen years have come and gone

As of yesterday, my husband and I have been married for 16 years. And in five and a half months we'll have been together for 17 years. Yes, I do remember the exact date of our first date! It's honestly weird to think that we've been married this long, it just does not even seem like it! But when you look at the photos and stuff, there's no denying it! For instance, here is a picture of us on our honeymoon:

When I look at that picture it's very difficult to believe that it's a picture of the same person I see in the mirror in the morning! Some days when I look in the mirror I get so depressed because I just feel like I look SO old! I was 26 in that picture and in a few months I'm going to be 43. And yes, I do realize that 43 is NOT old, well, at least to most people, to young people it is, my kids remind me of that almost daily!

My hubby and I have been through a rough spot lately, but it feels like we're getting close to the end of it, we've actually had a couple of very nice days! And he even took me out for pie for our anniversary! It was really nice to get away, just the two of us! That is one of the positive things about having teens, it's no longer necessary to find a sitter for them if we want to go out without them! We were talking last night, while having our pie, about the things that we'd like to be able to do, now that the kids are older. One thing that's definitely on our "to do" list is checking out luxury vacations and find one that is to somewhere we'd both enjoy going! My husband isn't one to go to foreign countries, so I'm thinking a beautiful Hawaiian beach would definitely be nice! Either that or a nice cruise! So that's on our "to do" list, and hopefully we'll be able to do it someday! As bad as it sounds, we haven't went away, just the two of us, since our honeymoon, 16 years ago this week...LOL

No comments: