Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What a day!

When I laid down last night I got a headache out of the middle of no where. My thought then was that I needed to get up and take something for it, but I was so tired from not sleeping the night before, and I thought that possibly just a good nights sleep would take care of it. I couldn't have been more wrong!

When I woke up this morning, shortly after 5:00 AM, I had a full blown migraine going on! I immediately took a dose of my migraine meds and a dose of Tylenol. Normally my migraine meds kick in within half an hour, but an hour after taking them I had no relief at all. With the meds that I take, since they are not narcotics, I can take a secondary dose after 1 hour, so I did. In the years that I have been taking this medication for my migraines, I've only had to take 2 doses twice, today being the second time. Within half an hour of taking the second dose I was experiencing extreme nausea to the point of almost throwing up, so I finally gave in and told my husband that I needed to go back to bed after we got the kids off to school. He told me that he'd get them and that I could go ahead and go, but being the stubborn person I am, I waited until my daughter left at 9:00 AM (she had a 2 hour weather delay).

Almost 5 hours later I woke up to my migraine being gone, leaving behind a dull headache. A single dose of Tylenol took care of the headache, but sleeping as long as I did has really thrown me off the rest of the day. I'm doing fine now, thankfully, the long nap really did the trick! But, I took my last dose of migraine medication, and right now I have no insurance, so let's hope and pray that I don't get another one any time soon!

No comments: