Friday, November 30, 2007

Where did this week go?

I "caught" one of my online friends saying yesterday was Friday and joked with her that I knew it had been a rough week after a long holiday weekend, but that it was actually Thursday. But it's odd really, because this week FLEW by! I have found, though, that my days are going by much faster lately then they ever have before.

It's funny though, I remember as a kid thinking that days would drag on for what seemed like forever at that time. And my mom would always warn me that when I got older time would go by faster and that I needed to enjoy the days while they went by slower while I could. I honestly never believed her, I just thought it was one of those "mom things" that she was saying to try to get me to go find something to do...LOL!

Being a mom myself, I now know that my mom was telling the truth back then. And what is even funnier is the fact that although the days seem to be flying by for me, I am constantly hearing my own children complain that the day is dragging and they are bored. It's funny how time does that to us, isn't it? It has a way of switching things around so that we are at the opposite end of the situation that we were once complaining about and wishing that we were back at the end we were originally at.

But I must admit, as much as I dislike how fast time is going right now, with all of the things that today's teens have to deal with, I wouldn't want to be a teenager today!

No comments: