Friday, November 30, 2007

Can you help me figure out HOW he managed to do this?

First, a little history. I was a very clumsy child and every time I turned around I was tripping or falling. And many of the times that I tripped or fell I broke a bone. Over the years of my childhood, between the two of them, I broke my collar bones a total of seven times. I broke my right collar bone four times, and I broke my left collar bone three times. The last time I broke them, I broke them both in a very bad sledding accident. But my point is that when I broke my collar bones, I knew when I had broken them.

My husband, however, must have the worlds largest threshold for pain. The reason I'm saying this is because we discovered last night that the reason behind the pain that he has had in his neck and shoulder area for a couple of days is because somehow he managed to break his collar bone without realizing when he did it. He has only mentioned that he was hurting, but with the kind of work he does it's not uncommon for him to have regular aches and pains.

But here's the kicker. Even with a broken collar bone, he has worked all week, including today. And the work he does is not easy work, nor is it light work. It's very hard work that requires the use of his arms and shoulders on a constant basis. I don't know how he does it, and I'm honestly not sure I want to know, but I'll admit that I'm totally blown away. If I had a broken collar bone you can bet I'd be making everyone wait on me hand and foot, at least for a day or two....LOL!!!

No comments: