Thank you to everyone who wrote to me giving me tips on what I could do for Riley, I really appreciate them! We were able to finally get him to the vet, and to our surprise he did not have ear mites, he had a fairly severe bacterial ear infection that included swelling in his ear. The vet gave him a shot that was to help the swelling and pain , took a swab from his ear for testing and 3 medications for us to give him here at home. After 2 full days of treatment he's doing MUCH better! We'll find out the results of the swab at some point this week. I'll keep you posted if it turns out to be anything major, but the vet assured us that more than likely it would just show that there was bacteria in his ear. Thanks again!