Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring IS Springing

It's a beautiful sunny day here in NW Ohio. I have both of the windows in my office open and the breeze feels awesome. Yeah, it's a little chilly and I did have to put a sweatshirt on, but I'm really enjoying the smell of the fresh air! I'm also loving the sounds that I'm hearing. I've heard 3 or 4 different kinds of birds today as well as the oodles of frogs and bull frogs that are out back in the ditch and woods!

Spring, without a doubt, is my favorite time of year. I love watching everything come back to life, it feels like a time of renewal to me in some ways. I noticed last night that my burning bush in the side yard is starting to get a few buds on it, and I've seen many trees while I've been out driving that have that greenish tint to them, meaning they are also starting to bud.

I honestly can't wait until I can start cleaning out my flower beds in anticipation of planting this years flowers, but that won't be for a while yet because I get my flowers for Mothers Day as a tradition. I'm also thinking about putting in a small garden this year with a few plants of the veggies we eat the most. Maybe some onions and cucumbers as well as some tomatoes and some corn. But with all that I've got on my plate right now, I'm not so sure that's a great idea. Maybe if I can get the kids to agree to help me take care of it, between the 3 of us we should be able to handle it!

But the most amazing thing is the fact that on the news this morning they said we're going to have a really good chance at breaking a record high temperature tomorrow. They're calling for a high temp of 78, and the current record is 77, not sure when it was set though, I missed that part. I'm thrilled that the weather is nicer, but I'm just not sure I'm ready for near 80 degree temps yet. Upper 60's are perfectly fine with me! How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

No comments: