Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A very sad day in my town

At approximately 2:00 am this morning a Toledo Police Officer was killed in the line of duty. This is the first officer killed in the line of duty in Toledo in more than 36 years. It's also very scary for me because this whole thing happened right in the block of town that we lived in a few years ago and the house that they found the shooting suspect in was 2 houses away from where we lived. Another sad thing is that the child that shot this officer is only one year older than my oldest child. As a parent it is very difficult to even imagine something like that!

My thoughts and prayers are with the officers family and friends for their loss. My hope is that the officer can rest in peace knowing that they suspected shooter has been arrested and is in custody.

No comments: