Sunday, December 24, 2006

A TOTALLY amazing day!!

Well, what started out to be an "ordinary" Christmas Eve, turned out to be one of the most memorable ones that we'll probably every have!

My niece's dad called this morning to set up where we were going to meet so that he could get her from us. When she got on the phone with him I heard a few "uh huh's" and then a "let me ask them", to which she took the phone from her ear and looked at us and said "Dad wants to know if you want tickets to the Lions game". I think it took me a bit to process what she said before I asked "Which game?". She said today's game, so I asked "how many tickets" because I was going into the "will I need to find a sitter for my kids last minute on Christmas Eve". She put the phone up to her ear and asked and came back and said "He said 4 tickets and a parking pass". I was like OH MY GOD!!!! I looked at hubby and he had this "odd" look on his face so I said "what" to him. He goes "I don't think we can go" and I was like, WHY NOT? He said he didn't have alot of cash left and didn't want to spend it all and be broke this week. BUT, he didn't know that I had a "card" up my sleeve, a debit card that is....LOL! I've been hoarding my PayPerPost money on my PayPal debit card....LOL. SOOOOOOOOO, thanks to my ex brother in law AND PayPerPost, my family had a day that we could only dream about! We took TONS of pics and here are a few.

This is the sign on the express way for the exit to Ford Field


A picture of the outside of Ford Field, it is a TOTALLY amazing building!


Just a picture of the game in progress


A picture of my 2 favorite guys during the game!


One of the signs shown on the big screen during the game. The Lions played the Bears. It was a REALLY good game!


A picture of the full field. I tell you, it really looks small, but it's HUGE!


We had one of the really awesome people that were there to help take a picture of the 4 of us! It was a great time and something we will NEVER forget!


So, there you have it! A family outing that was a dream come true and something we will treasure for years to come! It was an awesome day, except for the black hair dye incident after we got home, but I'm not going to go into that right now ;-)

Now I'm just waiting for the kids to fall asleep so "Santa" can get here....LMAO!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
**huggles**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look like they were awesome seats and I'm really glad you got the chance to go and that you had fun - until the infamous black hair dye part.

:-)

Mig said...

WOW HOLLY YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time.

I love life surprises!

:-)