Sunday, November 05, 2006

Well hello there

Howdy there! It's Sunday night and my house is quiet because I'm REALLY ticked off and everyone is afraid to make a noise because they're scared I'll get even more ticked off....LMAO!

It started with going through the ads in the Sunday paper. Now mind you, this is the first time in WEEKS I've bought the paper. Reason being is because our local newspaper is run by a bunch of jerkwads that want the unions out, so they've locked out almost all of the unions that don't have a contract, except the reporters union. Flippin idiots. But it's a LOOOOOONG story and if you want to know more about it you can go to Stop The Blade and read for yourself what's going on.

Anyway, back to my story. I was going through the sales ads because I specifically bought this weeks paper because I was under the impression that this years Toys'R'Us catalog was in this weeks paper. To make a long story short, it wasn't. But there was a WalMart flyer in it so I was checking that out. Earlier this week, hubby had mentioned that where he had his cell phone worked on had some nice MP3 players for a pretty decent price. On the front of the WalMart ad was an MP3 player for $48. Now, the kids are always around so we have no privacy here, so I was attempting to ask the hubby how much the MP3 players were at the cell phone store. The conversation went something like this:
Me - "Honey, how much were those thingies at the cell phone store you were telling me about?"
Him - "What thingies?"
Me - "You know, those THINGS you were telling me about that you thought were a great price"
Him (turning around to look at me and watching me put my finger to my lips to SHHHHHHHHHSH him) - "OHHHHHH, you mean the MP3 players?"
Me - "YES and thank you so much for paying attention to the fact that I was trying to SHHHHHHHSH you so that the kids wouldn't hear you"(who were now standing over the two of us)

I then took my attitude and walked out of the room and went into the living room to watch AFV. Things were ok, the kids were still messing around and laughing. I watched AFV then decided that I'd come out here and check my email. As I'm going through email my daughter says that she needs a reed for her clarinet, and I hand her one. The next thing I know my daughter is screaming at her brother. All I can catch is something about the reed and her asking him why did you lay it on the floor. When I got to the living room I seen that she's holding a mostly chewed up reed/reed holder in her hand. It appears that her brother wanted to sit in the recliner and took her school stuff that she had sat there while going through it and simply put it on the floor, along with the reed and one of the dogs decided it would make a nice snack.

Now please don't get me wrong, I love our dogs, well, I love one of them and like the other one. The one I like was the reed eater this evening. Getting this dog to stop chewing everything in sight has been a constant battle for us since we got this dog in the spring. He's a good dog, but my husband does not work with him like we did our first dog. If you leave one thing, ANY thing, laying out, this dog will find it in a split second, and eat it as if it were gourmet food. We've lost shoes, socks, pens, pencils, cups, gloves......you name it, this dog has eaten it. He even went to town on some fall decorations I had on the wall one day, ate it completely.

Now, it was simply a reed, not a big deal, we have boxes of them for her because I know how easly clarinet reeds get ruined. But it was the icing on the cake for me and I simply blew. Not at the dog, because I really don't blame him, but at the kids for their simple lack of consideration for each other. They've been in one of those "pick at each other CONSTANTLY stages lately, and I tell you, I'VE HAD IT!

So, it's quiet here. I feel bad, but I admit I like the quiet. They'll get over it, and so will I, it's life, we don't always get along

No comments: