Sunday, November 12, 2006

Isn't it too early?

OK, I do understand that Christmas isn't that far away, but isn't it just too early for Christmas commercials and advertisements?

As a kid I remember Christmas stuff not kicking in until after Thanksgiving. But these days it seems to start in right after Halloween. I seen my first Christmas commercial on tv the day after Halloween. Granted, it was one of those "underlying content" commercials, but you knew it was a Christmas commercial.

I talked to my mom the other day, she spent last weekend bringing Christmas decorations down from the attic and putting Christmas tree(s) and decorations up. I say trees because she puts up 3 every year. My mom loves Christmas and I think if she could get away with it, she'd keep her trees and decorations up year round. She enjoys sitting at night looking at the lights on the trees and the lit up decorations, and I personally think that when her house is decorated for Christmas, she puts everyone to shame because she does a GORGEOUS job of decorating!

Heck, I think I'd put my tree up if it weren't for the hubby saying NO WAY and the fact that I know the dogs are going to tear the tree apart....LOL.

1 comment:

Magikjaz said...

one of our local radio stations started playing xmas music around the clock on NOVEMBER 1st!!!!!!