Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ever have one of those weeks?

It was just a weird week, not really bad, just weird! Work was busier than all get outs most of the week, which is a really good thing! But my mechanic had to leave town Wednesday night, so it was the owner and I in the shop Thursday and Friday. Now that wasn't really a bad thing because I was able to get a TON of stuff done in the shop. See, my mechanic avoids change at ALL costs! Our shop has been a complete mess since I came to work there in the spring. The office has been a complete mess even though I go through daily and try to organize it. So, I took advantage of my mechanic being gone and got the owners approval to make some changes. Well, I wouldn't say "some" because I litterally changed EVERYTHING....LOL. Thursday I changed around the entire show room and it looks SOOOOOOO much better and we have tons more room! Even my boss was like WOW, it looks huge! The owners 2 sons were there so I put them to work too, we washed walls and windows and scrubbed the floor. Then when I came in Friday morning the owner was looking for something in the office. I was able to find it right away, but he looked at me and said "This is a mess", and I agreed with him and asked, "Shall I do something about it"? SOOOOOO, Friday I cleaned the office and moved everything around. My desk was sitting in such a position so that I couldn't see anything when I was sitting at it, so that was moved up to the front of the office. It all just looks so much better! Monday I plan on organizing all of the files and labeling them so that you know what is where. The "funny" thing is that when my mechanic comes back to work he's going to walk in and say "WHAT THE F@#K"......LOL. He brags that his living room hasn't been changed around in the 15 years that he's owned his house. He just totally resists change, but it was really necessary to do what was done! Change can be a good thing sometimes!

There was something sad that happened this week though. Thursday morning as I was getting ready for work I heard several sirens, but really didn't think too much about it because I do live next door to the chief of the fire department on one side and the head of the township EMT's on the other. As I went upstairs I seen flashing lights out the bathroom window so I took a closer look. There had to have been 3 or 4 sheriff's cars as well and several other emergency vehicles just behind my house. I called hubby and he called the neighbor that is the fire department chief then called back. 2 houses away from our back yard lives a woman and her 3 children as well as her nephew who has downs syndrome. The nephew's father passed away early this spring, so she is now "raising" him although he is in his 30's. Anyway, the womans 12 year old daughter was found dead Thursday morning. Sometime in the night she hung herself in her closet with a belt. It's been rough simply because my own kids ar 11 and 13, basically the same ages. My son kind of took it in stride, but my daughter was very upset because she had played with this girl a couple of times. She was crying pretty good and I was holding her and she looked up at me and asked why this girl would this and I said I had no idea. But I took the "opportunity" to tell both of the kids to look at this and think, especially my daughter. I told her "Think about how this makes you feel. You only played with this girl 2 times so you didn't know her very well, yet look how bad you are hurting because of her killing herself. Think about how badly the people in your life would hurt if you were the one that had killed yourself and think about how much it would affect their lives." I also told them both to look at this and remember and that if they ever got to the point that they felt suicide was an option that they needed to go to someone and talk so that we wouldn't hurt over losing them. But it is very scary and sad to think of a child this age feeling that life is no longer worth living.

This morning is off to a heck of a start. We turned the local news on and they were reporting from the scene of a 2-alarm fire and talking about the serious injuries etc, so we took more notice and my hubby realized that the fire is at one of the apartment buildings that the company he works for owns. It's not good news, the buidling has been declared a total loss and they already have bulldozers coming in to raze it because it is too unstable to leave standing. Several people have been hurt, a few seriously and one critically. My thoughts are with them.

OK, I guess that's it for now, thanks for listening to my ramblings!
**huggles**

1 comment:

Mig said...

What a week for you! Hugs those kids tight. That story about the 12-year old, hits home with me. I'm keeping a watchful eye on my own because that is the last thing I want to happen. Depression is a scary thing. Keep up that organizing, I love it!