Friday, March 31, 2006

In like a Lion and out with a BAM

LITERALLY!!! You know the old saying, March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb? Well mine is going out with a BAM!!

Long story here, so bear with me!

This morning I was sitting at the end of my driveway waiting with my daughter for her bus. It was raining so we were in the car. As we're watching for the bus I notice a car in the driveway 3 houses down. Now normally this is not an unusual thing, BUT, I had been told that the people that lived in this house had already moved, meaning there "shouldn't" be anyone there.

After I get my daughter on the bus I came in the house and called the beloved husband to tell him about it. He in turn calls my boss, who lives in the house directly next door to said house, and he is also the one that told us that the people that live there had already moved out. My boss tells my hubby to call me and ask if I can get a liscense plate number or something. Now, I may be a "woman of words", but when it comes down to it I am actually a complete chicken shit! If I even remotely sense danger, I pick up the phone and call 911....LOL. But, I worked up the intestinal fortitude to drive down to this house to see what was going on.

I pulled in the driveway and there is a person standing there. My gut was telling me to back the hell out of there and call 911, but I continued up the driveway instead, which turned out to be a good thing. It was the homeowner and no one "bad". We had a nice talk and she was very thankful that I came down to "investigate" when I thought something could possibly be "amiss". We exchanged phone numbers and I proceeded to back out of a VERY tree lined driveway.

In comes the BAM! Now mind you, I was not even remotely driving fast, I was doing maybe 2 MPH, IF that! The next thing I know I hear this HUGE BAM and my car comes to a sudden hault. Now, before you ask, YES, I was using both side mirrors, my rear view mirror AND I was slightly turned in my seat watching all these freaking trees as I was backing out. But somehow, I "missed" a slight bend in the driveway and litterally slammed into a tree.

I drove home, got out of the car and immediately started crying! I have been an EXTREMELY cautious driver for over 20 years now. The year that I turned 20 I had a HORRIFFIC accident that "enlightened" me about driving. And ever since then I have done a very good job of motoring around, so good that (knocking on wood here) I hadn't had an accident or ticket since that one. And yes, it was something that I was quite proud of!

That was, until today! My hubby just got here, he says the damage is no where near as bad as I thought it was. The worst "looking" part is that the entire tail light is gone. We can pick that up at a junk yard for $35. The body work might take a while. There is litterally a hole in the body now. My car is a Honda Stationwagon and the hole is in the hatch. But we've got a good friend that does body work, who came out here with my hubby, who says the body work really isn't "that" bad. WHEW!

So, March is going out with a BAM, lets hope April is good!

TGIF everyone! Have a great day!

**huggles**

No comments: