Saturday, November 26, 2005

Mean people STINK!

OK, what is wrong with me that people think it's ok to treat me crappily? Do I have a huge zit on my nose that I don't know about? Do I have a sign on my back that says KICK ME? Yeah, I know the answer to both of these are no, but I tell ya, for it being the holiday time of the year, people amaze me!
I was on my way to work today and approaching a 3 way intersection that I wasn't required to stop for. There was myself, my daughter and the girl that works for me in the car. As we get near the intersection, I realize this "dude" in a big 4 wheel drive pickup is NOT going to wait for me to clear the intersection before going, so my reaction was to simply throw my hands up into the air. He finally stops to wait for me to go through the intersection, and as I drive by him HE is flipping ME the bird. WHAT THE HECK??? I did NOTHING wrong, I was 100% in the RIGHT!
So I had to wonder, did flipping the bird to a car with women and a young child in it make him feel like a "REAL MAN"? I mean, COME ON, that's like the most immature thing in the world you can do to someone, other than sticking your tongue out at them. But for a grown man to do that to 2 women and a child. Am I the only one that sees something COMPLETELY wrong with this picture?
Anyway, 'tis the season to be jolly, right? BAH! The thing that bothers me the most about the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas is the fact that people are simply RUDE. They get attitudes over the dumbest of things like parking spots or products in stores, etc. And if they get that upset over things like that, my thought is how do they treat their children, or the people in their lives that they "love"? Yeah, this is kind of being judgemental, but I just don't understand.
Maybe it's that life in the country is so much different than it is in the city. I mean, you come up to a 4 way stop out here and everyone is waving for the other person to go first. People go out of their way to help their friends and neighbors out here. It's something that I personally am not used to, but I like my kids being around people being like this. They are starting to think about others before themselves, which is a very nice change!
Anyway, enough of this soap box tantrum...LOL. We rented a couple of movies and are going to watch Polar Express and The Longest Yard tonight. I'm tired, it's been a VERY long week, and I need some serious chill time!
**huggles**

1 comment:

Running2Ks said...

I agree--mean people suck. It isn't fair.

It is hard to remember that it is their miserable selves that they have to live with and not your fault.

You need a nice cup of hot chocolate.