Wednesday, August 06, 2008

UMMMMM....no, I really don't think so!

My children had quite a bit of interaction with their older sisters mother and step father during their visit with her. I have to admit that I was pretty impressed when I found out how very nice she treated the kids and the things that she did with them. I haven't had any type of communication with her for very many years, but according to the kids she was really nice!

One thing that I found out about bothered me though. My son is the type of person that is very analytical about things, he's also one of those kids who tries to pretend that he knows a lot more than what he actually does sometimes. One of the things that he is VERY knowledgeable about, however, is computers, especially his own!

One of the things that his computer desperately needs is some additional computer memory. His computer was the first one in our home with Vista on it, and when we bought it we had no idea as to exactly how much more memory you needed to run Vista compared to XP, and his computer is currently running Vista on about half of what is actually recommended to run it. It does OK for him some times, but there are other times that I swear he'd throw the computer out into the road to be ran over if he could.

Anyway, his older sisters mother, who has NEVER touched a computer with Vista on it decided she'd try to prove to him that he's not as smart as he thinks he is. She got into a nearly heated discussion one day trying to convince him that it wasn't computer memory he needed, but he instead needed an external hard drive because he didn't have a big enough hard drive to "run the programs". While it is very true that too little free hard drive space can cause performance problems with a computer, his computer has a 200GB hard drive and is less than 20% filled. I guess she's not as smart as she'd like to think she is, is she?

No comments: