Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"What do you want for your birthday, mom"

In just two weeks, both of my children will be leaving to spend a month with their older sister on the East coast. While I'm a bit nervous about it, I do realize that this is a break that we all need, and I have no doubt they'll have a great time with their sister!

I had to laugh when my daughter came up to me over the weekend and told me since they won't be home for my birthday, she wanted to get me something before they left. HMMMMMMMM....let's see, what can you get me? Well, you won't be home, so I won't have to deal with your ornery attitudes, that's about as nice of a gift as anyone can get. But that wasn't what she wanted to hear, I got that "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" look from her...LOL!

So then I said she could get me some Briggs and Riley luggage and I could have it all packed so that I would be ready to go on my own vacation when she and her brother get home from their sisters in August. Once again, I got "THE" look, then she said "Fine, I won't get you anything, I'm sorry for asking" and walked away....LOL. Hey, I tried!!!

No comments: