Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Off to the Orthodontist

I'm sure I'm a bit "behind" other parents, but for the first time I'm having to deal with something as a parent that I also had to deal with as a teen. I'm speaking of Orthodontics a.k.a. Braces. I got mine WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the mid 70's before they were actually cool. The names I put up with were horrible. Tin grin, brace face, metal mouth, etc....the list goes on and on. I remember being in a lot of pain from both the braces pulling the teeth and from the brackets tearing the inside of my mouth apart. I endured them for more than 3 years, it would have been closer to 2 and a half, but I had to put the date off for having them removed twice, once shortly after my father passed away, then again about a month later because my brother was getting married. But I remember the day they came off, I smiled like I've never smiled before!

Today I take my eldest child for a consultation at the Orthodontist. The dentist HIGHLY recommended it as their last appointment. My eldest could care less, but the youngest is actually quite upset because they don't need them....LOL!! The appointment is at 2:30, but with all of the snow we got and the fact that I'll have to fill out paperwork, I'm planning on leaving here about 1:30.

I'll post an update this afternoon and let you know how it goes!

**huggles**

1 comment:

Magikjaz said...

*hugs* i miss you!