Saturday, July 01, 2006


You know, it's funny sometimes when you look back at your life. I mean, I'll be 41 in a few weeks and I remember WAAAAAAAAAY back when I thought 25 was OLD, and now here I am about to bypass that by more than 15 years...LOL.

Anyway, my point is this, my "baby" is 11 today. Eleven years ago today, at about this time, I went to my regular pregnancy check up at my doctor. After the nurse came in and got my "vitals" the doctor came in and checked me out. He and the nurse excused themselves from the room and a few minutes later the nurse came back in the room and announced "We need to move you back to the monitor room and hook you up to the monitor for a bit". I looked at hubby and he looked at me and we both went into an instant panic. Just to backdate a bit, my pregnancy with my youngest was the most boring uneventful 9 months of my life...LOL. Not a single problem, complication, etc. Heck, I didn't even have a single days worth of morning sickness with her. So when the nurse said they wanted to put me on the monitor, I FREAKED! Stinking nurse, doctor, no one would tell me a thing, they just took me back to a room and hooked me up and left. About 20 HOURS (read 2 minutes) later the nurse came in and tore off the strip from the monitor and left the room. A few minutes later, the doctor came in. I tried as hard as I could to read his face, but it was impossible! He looked at me and said "Mrs. P, I need you to walk across the street to the hospital, I've already called over and let them know that you are coming, we are admitting you ASAP". Ok, that was it, I TOTALLY flipped out. I looked at him and said "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?" to which he said "You are about most of the way through labor with this baby and are at risk of delivering right here in my office"....LMFAO!

So, hubby and I QUICKLY walked across the street to the hospital and found a nurse waiting for me with a wheel chair. The speed of everything TOTALLY amazed me, but that was nothing compared to how quickly this little being was going to come! I am so happy that my labor/delivery with her was so easy! Within 3 hours of going to the hospital she was in my arms! It all happened so quickly that they never even had the chance to get an IV in my arm....LOL!!!


No comments: