Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy Hump Day

Hello, yes, I'm alive....LOL. It's just been a very busy and crazy week so far, with no signs of slowing up on the horizon.

I'm almost ready for Friday when my family comes here for Christmas, but I still have a touch of an attitude because of the fact that my brother in law is coming even though I never invited him. He'll be able to "participate" but my husband won't because he has to work. But that's another subject and I really do not feel like turning this post into a rant....LOL.

Not too much to report, just busy baking and doing housework. My son had his Choir Christmas concert last night and it was ok. They combined the choir, orchestra and hand bells into one concert, not that they all played together, because they didn't. Each "group" had it's own show. I'm sorry, I truly did not enjoy the orchestra part. I do understand that every musician starts at the beginning and it does take a while to "learn" your instrument. But we sat through several songs with some EXTREMELY poor violinists and cellists. I tried as much as I could to listen, but it finally got to the point that I had to leave the room for the rest of their part of the performance because my head was starting to pound. I don't "blame" the kids, I think that their conductor simply chose songs that were too complicated for beginners to be able to play.

Anyway, today I am literally tearing apart my daughters room! It's a disgusting mess and I am sick of looking at it. Somehow I have got to come up with a way to help her learn to organize a little bit better! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help a 10 year old girl learn how to NOT be a piggie....LOL.

Other than her room, there's nothing left to do except the normal day to day stuff, so I should be all set by tomorrow afternoon. When hubby gets home from work tomorrow night he's bringing a sitter home and we're going out for dinner and then Christmas shopping. It'll be an interesting night since he's the one that likes to shop, and I HATE to shop...LOL.

OK, going to get busy. Have a great day!
**huggles**

1 comment:

Lazy Daisy said...

Try setting an egg timer for 15 minutes and making a game of cleaning. Tell her you want to see how much she can get down in 15 minutes....it's a race. Just remember even house work done poorly still blesses your family. Enjoy the dinner and time out with hubby.....you'll remember those time far more than the hectic prepartion. Lazy Daisy